Making the right choices in life is as important as earning money. Likewise, choosing the right hosting provider for your WordPress website is one of the most important decisions you have to make.
In this Cloudways review, I’m going to share my honest opinion after using Cloudways for over three years. I will also give you 10 solid reasons why you should consider using it, and an easy-to-follow tutorial to help you get started with this managed cloud hosting platform.
The main topics I’ll cover are its performance how this managed cloud hosting platform works and what features it offers, support, and pricing to help you decide whether it’s a good fit for you.
Cloudways Review Summary
- What is a Managed Cloud Hosting Platform?
- Shared Hosting vs Managed Cloud Hosting
- Why I Made the Switch?
- What is Cloudways?
- Cloudways Key Features
- Cloudways Tutorial: How to Install WordPress in 8 Easy Steps
- My Personal Experience After Using Cloudways for +3 Years
- Pros and Cons
- Cloudways Competitors
- Cloudways Review: Verdict
- Conclusion – Is Cloudways The Right Choice For You?
What is a Managed Cloud Hosting Platform?
A managed cloud hosting platform is a type of web hosting service where the provider takes care of the administration and maintenance tasks related to your server.
This includes tasks such as maintaining software updates, security patching, and other routine maintenance tasks.
This type of managed cloud hosting can be ideal for businesses that require a lot of flexibility when it comes to server configuration but don’t want to deal with the administrative tasks that come along with running a server.
Shared Hosting vs Managed Cloud Hosting
Compared to shared hosting, a managed cloud hosting perform much better in term of:
- Security: With managed cloud hosting, your website will be more secure as the service provider will constantly monitor and update the security measures to ensure that your website is protected from any potential threats.
- Performance: A managed cloud hosting can offer you better performance as the service provider will be able to allocate more resources to your website to ensure that it runs smoothly and quickly.
- Scalability: If you need additional resources for your website, a managed cloud hosting service makes it easy to scale up as needed in order to meet the growing demands of your business.
- Data center redundancy: you can have your website or application hosted in multiple data centers across the globe. This ensures that if one data center goes down, your website or application will still be accessible from another data center.
Why I Switched to a Managed Cloud Hosting?
My journey to figure out which web hosting company was best for my needs, started around 8 years ago when I also discovered my passion for web design and was looking for more practical ways to speed up my WordPress site. In the beginning, I tried different shared hosting companies, these being the most popular as they have the lowest price.
But shared hosting has also its disadvantages such as low performance, limited control over what you can change or install on your server, and that your server will be shared along with many other websites.
A couple of years later I discovered Digitaoccean, which is actually inexpensive but I wasn’t pleased by the fact that it is an unmanaged server ( meaning you can do whatever you want with it but you have to install all the necessary software like additional security tweaks, on your own and in most cases without support ).
Also, the lack of a user-friendly control panel, for me as well as for my clients, and no immediate support, made me think of a better alternative. That’s when I discovered Cloudways.
Cloudways Review: What is Cloudways?
Cloudways is a managed cloud hosting platform that offers users a simple, yet powerful, solution for managing their servers.
With Cloudways, users can launch and manage their servers in just a few clicks, without the need for any prior experience or knowledge. Additionally, Cloudways provides users with a wide range of features and tools to make managing their servers even easier.
Cloudways Key Features
These are the key features that make Cloudways one of the best managed cloud hosting platforms:
1. User-Friendly Managed Cloud Hosting Platform
The problem with the majority of cloud hosting platforms – such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud – is that they are too complicated for most non-developers to use.
One of the main advantages of using Cloudways is that it has a user-friendly interface. This makes it easy for you to manage your website or application, even if you don’t have any previous experience in web hosting.
With Cloudways, you can easily update your database, launch new applications or websites execute commands to optimize performance, and easily monitor all aspects of your server, including CPU and memory usage, disk space, traffic, and more, all in just a few clicks.
Cloudways aim is to make cloud-based hosting as simple as possible so that even non-developers could benefit from its user-friendly interface, where you can easily deploy a website on a high-performance cloud server in a few clicks.
2. Fast Page Loads
The managed cloud hosting platform offers a unique combination of caching technologies such as Thunderstack, a mix of static and dynamic caches with two web servers, Nginx and Apache that offer maximum uptime and great page loading speed which makes it a perfect fit for all WordPress based projects and PHP applications.
3. Managed Security
The Cloudways managed cloud hosting platform offers many security features to protect your data from threats. These include automated backups, monitoring logs and alerts, user permissions, and more. All the data stored in Cloudways is encrypted using an advanced encryption system that prevents unauthorized access.
Regular Security Patching: To prevent any malware or virus attacks, regular updates are done on the server software and applications installed on it. The managed cloud hosting offers a pre-installed malware detection system that patches the latest security updates on a regular basis.
24/7 Real-time Monitoring: Cloudways also has a team of experts that constantly monitor the servers and take necessary action to keep them secure.
Dedicated Firewalls: One of the most important security features offered by Cloudways is a dedicated firewall. This firewall provides an extra layer of protection to your server and helps keep out any malicious traffic.
Auto Healing: The Auto Healing feature ensures that your site is up and running at all times. If your site goes down, the Auto Healing feature kicks in and automatically restores your site to its previous state. This way, you can rest assured that your site will always be up and running, no matter what.
Free SSL Certificate: The 1-Click Free SSL Certificate by Let’s Encrypt encrypts all data transmitted between your website and users, helping to keep sensitive information secure from hackers. By having an SSL certificate, you can also improve your website’s SEO ranking as Google now favors sites that are HTTPS-secured.
4. Multiple Data Centers Options
The location of your managed cloud server should be chosen based on your target audience, meaning that you should choose the server that’s closest to your customers/visitors’ location. Hosting your website closer to them helps improve the loading speed of your website.
To give you an example, let’s say you live in Singapore but you mostly target US customers. Your website should be hosted on a US server and not on a Singapore-based server.
In general, the closer your web hosting provider is to you and your target audience, the better.
Another advantage of having a hosting provider with multiple data centers is that in the event of a disaster, such as a fire or power outage, your site will still be up and running. This is because the other data center will take over and keep your site online while the damaged data center is being repaired.
Cloudways is a leading provider of cloud hosting solutions, with multiple data centers around the globe that enable businesses to take advantage of the power and flexibility of cloud infrastructure.
The way Cloudways provides their cloud services is that they do not have any physical data centers, acting instead as an intermediary company allowing you to host your data across multiple data centers owned by different cloud companies, using their managed platform.
While creating a new server on Cloudways, you can choose the data center from a variety of cloud hosting companies such as DigitalOcean, Linode, Vultr, AWS, and Google Cloud Platform, each of them providing their own data centers around the world.
The cloud provider I always use for my personal websites and for my clients is DigitalOccean as they provide high-performance SSD-based storage and 7 data centers in 3 countries. It is also the cheapest provider among the ones I mentioned above but has a good price-performance balance.
Using DigitalOccean as the cloud server provider with Cloudways, you have the possibility to choose the following data centers: Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London, New York, San Francisco, Toronto, Bangalore, and Singapore.
5. Staging Environment
The staging feature is simply awesome as it gives you the advantage of working on your website and testing your changes before publishing them on your live website. In addition to that, connecting remotely on Cloudways is also possible either through Git or by connecting VS Code editor to your server as I described in one of the previous articles (more info below).
6. Team Management Functionality
If you need to grant access to other users to your Cloudways account, the Cloudways Team feature allows you to do so by offering multiple different access levels for your members. If you have a team or just want to allow a freelancer access to a particular server or website, this is a great option.
You can configure the access level for the team member to Billing, Support, Server Management, and Application Management areas.
- Billing Access: Checking this box allows the team member to access billing information. Your team member can view, download and pay invoices and also get invoice notifications. He/she can also update billing information (Credit Card data).
- Support Access: Checking this box allows the team member to access the support area. After this, he/she can create and answer tickets on your behalf.
- Server and Application Management: Checking this box allows the team member to access the Server and Application Management areas in the Cloudways Platform.
The list goes even deeper if you check the Console Access option and uncheck the Full Access, offering more different permissions from Server, Backups, Server Scale, Monitoring to Applications specific permissions in case you want to give the new member access only to certain apps ( websites ) for example.
To remove a member, click on the bottom right corner of your screen and the orange round button then delete the member.
7. Automatic Backups
Cloudways offer two types of backup levels: application backups, and server backups.
Cloudways backup services will save you both, time and money because it allows you to schedule your cloud server website backups on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. This ensures that you will never lose your data, no matter what happens, and with a click of a button you can easily roll back any of the previous backups.
Cloudways also offers a free migration service so that you can easily move your website(s) from other hosting providers with zero downtime.
You can also easily perform on-demand backups of your applications and servers at any time from the “Backup and Restore” tab in the Cloudways Platform.
Automatic Application Backups
You can backup and restore your application’s data (files and database) anytime with a click of a button.
Automatic Server Backups
Here you can schedule regular backups to ensure that all your data is always secured. You can choose the time, the backup frequency, the backup retention period as well as a local backup method if you want to. Their secure off-site storage infrastructure stores your data safely so that you never lose any important information.
Schedule Time: You can use this field to set the automatic backups for your server at your preferred time.
Backup Frequency: Here you can choose how often to backup your server. This can range from 1 hour to once every 7 days.
Backup Retention: You can set Backup Retention from 1 week to 4 weeks. This determines how long the backups are stored and are available to use.
Local Backups: By activating this option, it will create another copy of your server backup (ensure you have enough space on your server) so you can download it later if you want to. Please note that an additional $0.033/GB cost per server will be applied for off-site backup storage.
If you require more performance for your server as your CPU and Memory are reaching the maximum thresholds, you can easily increase the hardware resources of your server at any time, so that your cloud server will become more powerful in managing heavy traffic and keeping your business always online, all just in a few clicks.
The process is called Vertical Scaling ( also referred to as scale-up ), and it involves adding more compute power (CPU, Memory, and Storage) to an existing managed cloud hosting server within the region it had been created.
9. Affordable Price
The Cloudways managed cloud hosting platform offers an affordable price, and they offer a variety of cloud hosting providers, each with different features and prices. They have a wide range of add-ons included in each plan, which makes them an attractive option for businesses that want to get the most out of their cloud hosting investment.
Cloudways DigitalOccean Pricing
Cloudways has 5 different pricing plans for DigitalOccean and includes 8 data centers (London, San Francisco, Singapore, New York, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Toronto, and Bangalore).
|DO1GB||1 GB||1 Core||25GB||$12/mo|
|DO2GB||2 GB||1 Core||50GB||$26/mo|
|DO4GB||4 GB||2 Core||80GB||$50/mo|
|DO8GB||8 GB||4 Core||160GB||$96/mo|
|DO16GB||16 GB||8 Core||320GB||$160/mo|
Cloudways Vultr Pricing (First 5)
Cloudways has 7 different pricing plans for Vultr and includes 16 data centers across the world (USA – Atlanta, USA – Chicago, USA – Dallas, USA – Los Angeles, USA – Miami, USA – New Jersey, USA – Seattle, USA – Silicon Valley, Asia – Singapore, Europe – Amsterdam, Asia – Tokyo, UK – London, Europe – Paris, Europe – Frankfurt, Toronto, Australia – Sydney). See all Cloudways cloud hosting plans.
|VULTR1GB||1 GB||1 Core||32GB||$13/mo|
|VULTR2GB||2 GB||1 Core||64GB||$26/mo|
|VULTR4GB||4 GB||2 Core||128GB||$50/mo|
|VULTR8GB||8 GB||4 Core||256GB||$100/mo|
|VULTR16GB||16 GB||8 Core||384GB||$160/mo|
Cloudways Linode, AWS, and Google Cloud
Besides DigitalOccean and Vultr, Cloudways offers cloud hosting plans for Linode, AWS, and Google Cloud, all having data centers all over the world. See all cloud hosting plans.
All Cloudways Hosting plans include:
- 24/7/365 Support
- Free SSL
- Cloudflare Add-on (NEW)
- Free Migration
- Unlimited Application Installation
- Dedicated Firewalls
- 24/7 Real-time Monitoring
- Automated Backups
- Staging Environment
- Optimized With Advanced Caches
- Auto Healing
- Regular Security Patching
- Free Object Cache Pro (2GB & above)
- HTTP/2 Enabled Servers
- SSH and SFTP Access
- Team Management
10. Great Support
The managed cloud hosting platform offers great support including Live Chat or Ticket System and they provided me great support every time I needed to fix or ask something related to my WordPress cloud server.
Cloudways also provides two paid support addons, Advanced and Premium, for users who need closer interaction with the Support teams. These add-ons offer a faster response processing time and a more robust response from professional support engineers.
Cloudways Tutorial: How to Install WordPress in 8 Easy Steps
This tutorial is meant for those who are new to cloud hosting and want to get started with Cloudways. You will learn how to create an account, select a plan, deploy your first application, link your domain name and set up your SSL certificate. These are the steps to getting started:
Step 1: Create a Cloudways account
The first step is to visit the Coudways website. Once you are there, click the “START FREE” button, visible in the top-right corner of the website. This will take you to a registration form where you need to fill in your name, your email address, and a desired strong password. To continue you need to agree with their terms and conditions and click the “START FREE” button.
Step 2: Activate your account
To activate your account you need to click the link received in your confirmation email. Once you do that you can proceed to create your server.
Step 3: Configure your managed cloud server
After clicking the link received in your activation email, you will be redirected to a page similar to the image you see above. Below I will describe in more detail each section I’ve marked in red in the above image, to make things simple:
1. Application & Server Details
From left to right, you will see four fields, WordPress, Your Application, Your Server, and Your Project, which I will describe them below:
- WordPress – This is automatically selected and it will install the latest version of WordPress, the most popular CMS. Clicking this field you will see a few more options available like so:
- WordPress Multi Site – Choose this option if you have multiple WordPress websites and want to manage them all from a single WordPress dashboard.
- Clean (No Cloudways Optimization) – Choosing this, it will install the latest WordPress version without any Cloudways optimization plugins.
- Woocommerce – This will install the latest version of WordPres plus Woocommerce. Choose this option if you want to create an online shop with Woocommerce.
- PHP ( Custom App ) – Choose this if you want to install other CMS or platform that is not already included in the one-click install list. You could install Drupal, Joomla, PrestaShop, osCommerce, Open Cart, Zen Cart, X-Cart, Codeigniter, CakePHP, Yii, Yii 2, ProcessWire or Symfony 3. I’ve even installed a phpBB forum, and it worked flawlessly.
- Laravel is a free open-source PHP web application framework.
- Magento is an open-source e-commerce platform written in PHP, recommended mostly for large companies and big e-commerce websites.
Choose WordPress (Clean), as there are better optimization plugins to choose from. Choose Woocommerce if you want to create a new online shop.
Next, name your managed app (e.g “My Travel Blog”, or simply the domain name of your website), your server (the location that you’ll choose in the step four, should be enough. Useful mostly in case you’ll manage multiple servers under the same account), and your project (e.g “My projects” or “Clients” to keep things organized).
2. Choose a Cloud Server Provider
Here you can choose between the five most popular cloud hosting providers such as Digitaloccean, Linode, Vultr, Amazon Web Services (AWS), or Google Cloud. My personal choice is Digitaloccean as it will offer you the best price-performance balance.
3. Server Size
For the server size, you can choose the smallest size of 1GB of ram memory if you have a small personal website. For bigger production websites, at least 2GB ( or higher ) is required but you can always scale your server size whenever is needed. While switching between different sizes, you can instantly see the monthly price at the bottom of your screen:
4. Pick a Location
On Cloudways, each provider comes with its own server locations. DigitalOccean, for instance, has server locations (data centers) in Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London, New York, San Francisco, Toronto, Bangalore, and Singapore. Pick a location that is close to your target audience (see more details above on “4. Multiple Data Centers Options” in case you missed it).
Step 4: Click “Launch Now”
Click the Launch Now button when you are ready. You’ll have a short wait while Cloudways configures the server and installs a fresh copy of WordPress. Usually, it takes just a few minutes and once it’s done you can access your WordPress dashboard using the login information provided in your Application Management section.
Step 5: Switch to the websites list (Applications)
After your server is created, click the orange toggle button as you see here in the above image to switch from “Servers” to “Applications”. Switching to Applications will display all your installed websites also called applications. You can also switch between them via the links visible in the top navigation bar.
Step 6: Access your WordPress dashboard
In the Access Details tab from the Application Management menu, you will find the login credentials for your recently created WordPress website. This includes:
1. Application URL – which will automatically have assigned a random set of numbers and letters. You don’t need to worry about this, you can change it later (more info below). Clicking the Application URL will open your website in a new tab, where you can see the latest default WordPress theme installed. This link will automatically be changed once you link a domain name.
2. Admin Panel is where you can see the URL of your admin WordPress dashboard, your admin default username (which by default is the email address that you have assigned to your Cloudways account), and your admin dashboard password. Clicking the admin panel URL will automatically log you in. If you want to copy the password, just click on it. If you want to change your password, click the little pen icon, type a new password and click SAVE.
3. MySQL Access – Here you can see, copy or change your database password.
4. Application Credentials is where you can see your assigned public IP, and create new SFTP or SSH credentials. Useful if you want to access your website via an FTP software like Filezilla or a serial console app like Putty.
Step 7: Link your domain name
I recommend you to do this step at the end after you have already created some content on your website (e.g: a few blog articles, services, portfolio projects, or pages, etc), installed/personalized your WordPress theme, and installed your necessary WordPress plugins. In other words, when your website is ready to be launched.
Why you should not add your domain name first?
Because you don’t want people to see or google to index your unfinished website. Once you are happy with the look of your website and have some content, you can link a domain name and submit your website to Google Search Console, and start promoting your website.
Next, I will divide this step into 3 mini-steps as so:
1. Add your domain
To link your domain name, click the “Domain Management” tab in the left side menu (see the image below), and in the Primary Domain field, type your domain name (e.g. mysupercoolwebsite.com ), and click “Save Changes”.
2. Log into your domain name registrar dashboard
Log into your domain name registrar dashboard and browse the Advanced DNS tab. Below I will use Namecheap as an example (is also the one I use and recommend).
On your Namecheap dashboard, click “Manage” on the domain name you want to use. Next, go to the “Advanced DNS” tab and delete the default records by clicking the trash can icon (see the image below).
3. Copy your public IP
Go back to the “Access Details” tab on your Cloudways account, and in the “Application Credentials” click on your IP address to copy it. Next, go back to Namecheap on the “Advanced DNS” page where you have removed the records I’ve shown in the previous step, and follow the next step.
4. Create two new DNS records
A record: Click Add New Record, select the A record in the dropdown list, and fill in the fields as so:
- Type: A Record
- Host: @
- Value: Paste the IP address you have copied in the previous step (above pic)
- TTL: Automatic
- Click the little green check icon to save your record
CNAME record: Click Add New Record again, and this time select the CNAME record in the dropdown list, and fill in the fields as so:
- Type: CNAME Record
- Host: www
- Value: your domain name without www in front (e.g: yourwebsite.com )
- TTL: Automatic
- Click the little green check icon to save your record
The above CNAME record, will redirect your www version of your domain name to your non-www version of your domain name. This will avoid having dupllicated content, by telling search engines that they are the same website.
Congratulations, you have now set up your domain name with Cloudways! It can take up to 48 hours for the changes to propagate, but after that, you will be able to access your website by going to your domain name in a web browser (www.yourwebsite.com).
Step 8: Activate your free SSL
The last step is the activate your Cloudways free SSL certificate. To do that, click the SSL Certificate tab on the left-side menu and follow the next steps:
- Let’s Encrypt it’s the default option. Leave it like that if you want the free SSL offered by Cloudways. If you want to add your own custom SSL certificate instead, click and select “I already have a certificate” and provide your application certificate and the private key.
- Email address: Type the email address where you would like to receive notifications regarding your SSL renewals and updates.
- Domain Name: Type the domain name you have previously linked via Namecheap.
- Click Install Certificate: This will install the certificate on your website. Usually, it takes a few minutes.
- Auto-Renewal: Once the certificate is installed, a new section will be visible on the same page, which will allow you to activate the auto-renewal for your SSL certificate. If it is not already activated, click “Enable”. This option will automatically activate your SSL certificate every 90 days.
Congratulations! You have now installed WordPress and linked it to your domain name.
How to create a new application/website on the same server
To add a new website, click the big “+” visible in the top navigation bar, and then click “Add Application”. After that, you repeat the same process I’ve described above.
My Personal Experience After Using Cloudways for +3 Years
I’ve been using Cloudways for more than 3 years now to host my WordPress websites and I’m very happy with it. Cloudways is no doubt one of the best web hosting providers I’ve tried so far (and I’ve tried many). Is not perfect, but at least for me is the best option, especially because it has the perfect balance of price, features, and performance.
The 1-click feature saved me a lot of time
Back when I was using shared hosting, I used to waste a lot of time installing everything manually (yes some offer the possibility to install them via Softaculous or something similar, but you still had to provide some info and sometimes you might even face some errors).
With Cloudways I don’t have to go through this hassle, it takes care of all that with its 1-click installation feature. I just choose which type of WordPress installation I want (Clean, Optimized, or WordPress + Woocommerce) and in a few minutes, a new WordPress website is created. Very easy and fast.
The support team is very responsive
I’ve only faced one small issue, regarding a cache bug, but the support team was very helpful and provided a workaround very quickly.
The staging works flawlessly
The Staging feature has been also very helpful in my case. Whenever I need to make major changes to one of my websites or my client’s websites, the staging allows me to work and test my code, without affecting the live version of the website. Then, when I finish working on it, I simply push only the web files from staging to live. Meanwhile, if my client has made an update on the live version’s database, I don’t have to worry about overwriting the web files.
My current workflow
As a web developer, I work through Git, but I also work (and it’s my favorite method) by remotely connecting VSC with Cloudways (it feels faster) to my staging version of a specific project. However, I do not recommend working directly on the live version. If you do wanna try this method, I have four useful tips for you:
- Change your master password to improve the security as the default one is too short. To do that, click on Servers at the top of your screen, then click the server name and on the Master Credentials tab page, and click the little pen icon on the password field. When you’re done, click Save.
- Reset files/folders permissions or you won’t be able to connect VSC to your server.
- Ensure Application Access is enabled, or again, you won’t be able to connect.
- Rename your application folder before remotely connecting VSC to your server. That way, you will know exactly which website is in which folder.
Cloudways Pros and Cons
These are the pros of using Cloudways as your managed cloud hosting provider:
- Affordable price with great features
- Free migration
- Fast support
- Wide variety of global data centers
- User-friendly platform
- You can launch your new WordPress website in a few clicks
- Team management (useful for sharing your server with other people)
- Free 3-day trial with no credit card required
- Free SSL with automatic renewal
- Automated backups
- Great performance
- Staging environment
Even though Cloudways is a great managed cloud hosting provider, it’s not perfect and has some cons too, which I will list below:
- No root access (SFTP is available)
- No cPanel/WHM or Plesk panel included (they have their own panel)
- The email hosting is offered as a paid addon
- Limited trial period (3 days)
- You cannot add funds directly with PayPal after signing up for a new account. To unlock the PayPal payment method, you need to first link a credit card to your account.
The managed cloud hosting platform has many competitors, each with its own set of pros and cons. Below we will look at some of the main similarities and differences between Cloudways and its main competitors.
Convesio vs Cloudways
Convesio is a managed cloud hosting provider that offers scalable, next-generation WordPress hosting solutions, with server locations in Europe, North America, and Australia. Convesio and Cloudways are two great options for businesses looking for a cloud hosting provider.
Both providers offer a variety of features and plans, making them a good choice for those in need of cloud hosting services. However, there are some key differences and similarities between them, which I will outline below.
- Both Convesio and Cloudways deliver outstanding performance, which will drastically improve the loading speed of your website
- None of them require a credit card for the trial period
- Both services offer automatic scalability and on-demand backups
- Both hosting platforms offer great security features
- Both providers offer a solid set of features and are suitable for hosting WordPress websites
- Convesio is more expensive
- Cloudways does not offer a money-back guarantee
- Cloudways is more established as it was founded in 2011, whereas Convesio was founded in 2018.
- Cloudways offers 24/7 support on all plans via live chat or ticket system, whereas Convesio offers 24/7 support only for the Business and Enterprise packages
- Cloudways offers a staging feature, while Convesio’s does not
- Convesio does not include native support for Git
- Cloudways offers a more advanced and user-friendly panel where you can easily switch between your lists of servers and applications (websites) with one click. On the other hand, Convesio’s panel is pretty basic
- Convesio is focused on WordPress, therefore they offer one-click installation for WordPress only, whereas with Cloudways you have more options to choose from, such as WordPress, WordPress + WooCommerce, PHP Custom App, Laravel, or Magento
- Convesio offers a 7-day free trial (recently decreased from 30 days), while Cloudways offers only a 3-day free trial
- With Cloudways you get a wide variety of data centers in many countries all over the world, whereas Convesio data centers list is pretty limited
If you are looking for cloud hosting that offers enterprise-designed features and focuses specifically on WordPress, or you have a website with high traffic, then Convesio is a good choice.
However, if you are looking for an easy-to-use managed cloud hosting, or if you are an individual or a mid-sized company that needs a better price-performance balance, then Cloudways is a better option.
A2 hosting vs Cloudways
A2Hosting is a web hosting company that offers a variety of affordable hosting plans, including shared, VPS, and dedicated hosting. A2Hosting is a great choice for individuals and businesses alike. They offer a wide range of features, making them a versatile option for those in need of web hosting services.
Both A2Hosting and Cloudways are great hosting choices, but each has its own advantages and disadvantages. Below I will compare and contrast the two providers in order to help you decide which one is the best for your needs.
- Both hosting platforms offer great support via a ticket system or live chat
- Both, Cloudways and A2 Hosting support WordPress staging
- Both offer free SSL
- Easy CMS installation (A2 Hosting via Softaculous, and Cloudways via their one-click install feature)
- Cloudways is a cloud hosting platform, therefore you will get better performance, flexibility, and features than with a traditional hosting company like A2 Hosting.
- A2 Hosting offers a full refund within 30 days. Cloudways does not.
- A2 Hosting provides more pricing models, where you can choose to pay upfront monthly, annually, or even for three years, which can save you money in the long run. Cloudways, on the other hand, only offers monthly plans.
- Cloudways has a 3-day free trial. A2 Hosting does not (however they do offer a 30-day money-back guarantee).
- Cloudways offers a wide range of server locations across multiple countries and cities all over the world, including the US, Europe, Asia, and Australia. On the contrary, A2 Hosting currently offers only four locations (Michigan US, Arizona US, Amsterdam EU, and Singapore, Asia).
- A2 Hosting offers domain registration, while Cloudways does not (although I always purchase and recommend domain registration via a domain name provider like Namecheap, as it’s better to keep them separate in case you want to change your hosting provider).
- A2Hosting is more versatile as they offer more types of hosting, ranging from shared to dedicated
- Even though both offer staging solutions, A2 Hosting’s staging is provided via Softaculous, and supports only WordPress and Joomla. The staging feature on Coudways, on the other hand, is more user-friendly and it works with all types of apps provided via the 1 click-install.
So, which is the better cloud hosting provider? It really depends on your needs. If you need more flexibility, higher performance, and features, then Cloudways is your best choice.
However, if you are on a budget or looking for a traditional web hosting wich includes cPanel/WHM or Plesk, you may want to consider A2Hosting.
Cloudways Review: Verdict
One of the main advantages of Cloudways is that it offers managed cloud hosting services for popular CMSs and eCommerce platforms, all in one place. This means that you don’t have to worry about managing your own server, you can focus on running your business.
I’ve been using this cloud hosting platform for over 3 years now and I’m very happy with it. The performance is great, the customer support is excellent and the pricing is very competitive. So if you are looking for a good WordPress or e-commerce cloud hosting provider, I would definitely recommend Cloudways.
Conclusion – Is Cloudways The Right Choice For You?
Cloudways is recommended for those who are looking for an easy-to-use managed cloud hosting solution. It is also a great choice for those who are looking for high performance and scalability.
I hope that the reasons I mentioned in this Cloudways review are enough to demonstrate why I think Cloudways is by far the best managed cloud hosting platform, whether you are a web developer, company owner, digital marketer, blogger, or a website owner in any type of niche. The great thing is that there’s no risk in trying it out, and you can get started with a free three-day trial to experience all of its features.